5.29.2010

two months.

Okay, new commitment: get better at updating my blog.

Since my last post, not much has changed in the job arena unfortunately. Still only part-time employed, still looking EVERYWHERE for jobs. I've been on a couple of interviews, nothing has come of them yet. Still hopeful though, something's gotta give, right?

Still riding my bike. Still hanging out with Thailer and Sumari. After they got back from Savannah Sumari started going to Thailer's pre-school, "big-girl school." So when Thailer goes to kindergarten next year, I'm not sure what we'll call that... 


Mallory and I spent Easter at Lauryn's and the twins', and everybody came! Great food, fabulous company and lots of little princesses running around. Here are some pictures of our Easter egg hunt:


I took Lauryn and Thailer on a toddler date to Alice's Teacup and to a yoga class in the city. Alice's teacup is a great place for princesses, as soon as you walk in you get fairy wings and a wish-granting sprinkle of fairy dust. Beats McDonald's, right?


Later that week, my very married friend Tahmina and I met Stephanie (who came from Massachusetts for a couple of days) and we went to Alice's Teacup. (What can I say... I love that place!) The food is great, the tea is great and it's super cute.


Also since my last post, I've gotten a couple of calls from Betsy. She finished her semester in Amman, Jordan and her sister flew to meet her for a couple of weeks of backpacking through the Middle East.They went through Syria from Jordan into Lebanon where their cameras were stolen. Then when they tried to get back into Syria they were denied at the border! Apparently the law changed while they were in Lebanon, and you can no longer get exit visas at the border, you must get them weeks in advance in your own embassy. So Betsy and Emily were stuck in Lebanon. They somehow managed to get a flight from Beirut to Amman, so they are safe now, but still can't go to Syria. We'll see how their travels end up!

Speaking of Betsy, she's been asking me to photograph my paintings since I started my blog and she saw that I was still painting. I finally got around to it a couple of days ago. Here's a peek, for all of them go to picasaweb.com/juligannz .


The twins were christened! I flew to Houston about three weeks ago to meet up with them. It was also their first birthday, so there was a huge bash included! I didn't take any pictures, unfortunately, but there was a photographer there. I assume I'll have access to those pictures soon.

The following weekend Mallory and I went to visit her sister in Myrtle Beach. That was a glorious weekend. I don't have any pictures from that weekend, but only because I was too busy laying on the beach, sitting by the pool and eating. You understand, right?


School's out now, so that means the boy went home to Virginia. He came to visit right after I got back from the beach, and I plan on going to visit soon. I miss his face.

So, besides my recent discovery of soy yogurt, that's it for now! I pinky promise to update soon!

P.S.: Here's a better picture of my window:

No comments:

Post a Comment